Kalbarri

The drive south to Kalbarri, is our first real glimpse of the promise of the famous wild flowers of WA. Again we only spend 2 nights here though another night would have been good and include another walk and a bit more sightseeing around the place. First off we went for a drive around town and stopped at Chinaman’s Rock, the point where the river meets the ocean. It is a wild section of the coast. Breakers were huge but with the rock shelf all along the coast it is far too dangerous for surfers to take advantage of the tubes there.


Bob at the Nature's Window
The next day we tackled some of the trails including the steepest trail we have encountered so far on this trip with some of the ‘steps’ 700mm deep. My legs were still protesting a week later in some positions. This was down to the river at the Z Gorge, however before that we went to see Nature’s Window, a natural hole in the rock that looks down over parts of the nearly dry river gorge.
Part of the steep descent at Z gorge


At the bottom of Z gorge

2 comments:

  1. It's the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to recommend you some interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to learn even more issues about it!

    Feel free to visit my website :: Traveling Miami - We'vе
    got The Best Cheар Hotels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Miami and I am sure it is totally different to Kalbarri. Maybe one day we'll get there...

      Delete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle