Our land abound in Nature's gifts


As we came into Kalbarri we were to start to see our first fields of the famous WA wildflowers. Oh boy! God has created so much beauty, he is to be praised. They are beautiful here. Sometimes we see fields and fields of flowers, so much so that I am tempted to wonder if they have been sown. The sides of the roads are lined with pockets of colours, yellow, purple and white being the most common colours though the species vary. I can’t begin to name the flowers. My sister in law loaned me three field guide books which I admittedly have rarely referred to so far, though my intentions have been to do so. I am just going to post just some of the hundreds of photos that I have taken. I have been assured that we haven’t really reached the wildflower areas yet. The mind boggles. You can click on any of the pictures to get a larger view if you wish. I kept it small to fit so many on this entry.






 



Later, we travelled inland on the way back to Geraldton from Meekatharra (which I have yet to post about!), we ventured through 'The wildflower country' which sadly is not very prolific this year as they just haven't had the rains that would bring out the magnificance of the wildflowers. We searched particularly in this area for the elusive Wreath Flower, which we did finf but only in the dead stage. Just days before we arrived, the temperature was in the mid 30's for about 4 or 5 days and this killed off many flowers here that had managed to poke their heads up depsite the lack of rains. Oh well, here are just a tiny portion of the photos we did take, but most of these are from around the Kalbarri to Northampton (just north of Geraldton areas).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle