Camp Wattle Grove & an Explosion Box Craft

 
After our lovely stay in Cardup, we went back towards Perth to do our first job with MMM (Mobile Maintenance Ministry) at a quiet Christian campsite called Camp Wattle Grove formerly known as Keswick Campsite. We were wonderfully welcomed by Don & Jody & their 4 kids. Don is one of the caretakers here. Being a well treed campsite there are lots of beautiful bird life. Seeing the red tailed Black Cockatoos is a daily delight.

Jody insisted on making our lunches every day and they also had us over for dinner twice in that week. Bob was to assist another carpenter there for a week in replacing 9 old wooden windows with larger aluminium windows in one of the demountables that are used for camp accommodation, plus the relining etc that is needed to finish off the job. The job was made all the more difficult due to the extreme heat with some days recording 39 degrees Celsius in the shade. That is well over the 100 degrees in the old Fahrenheit gauge. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the job but I do have one of the Robbiebago camped on site where you can see how we are surrounded by lots of trees and the much appreciated shade they cast is very welcome.



Eventually after a few days “off” I was sucked into assisting with the caulking around the windows even though I had no previous experience. I surprised myself in that I actually liked caulking. It is quick & easy once you have a decent flow going on the gun.

More crafting time

Earlier in the week when I had more ‘me’ time, I planted myself right next the air con and made a new Explosion Box. This time I made it a photo album style with 3 layers for a baby with lots of animals as decorations. Here is one picture. I hope you like it. If you want to see more or find out more details then please go to my craft blog and take a gander. By the way, this box is for sale  if you like it or would like a custom order, just send me an email. I will be taking all my boxes to the Bunswick markets this weekend. Wish me luck???!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle