Busselton


We stayed at Amblin Caravan Park, which is right on the beach. It is a small park, about 8km from town. We went into town for groceries and some sightseeing. The weather is hot here too and far too hot to walk the famous 1.8 long jetty at this time. We came back another day.

On day 2 we went for a drive via Donnybrook, which has this amazing public playground for kids. It is the biggest and best one I have seen full stop. We stop here for lunch under a lovely shady tree, sitting on the grass as it was much cooler there. We had planned to stop at a waterfall (which was dry) but there was no shade and the heat reflected back off the exposed rocks so we moved on. We had a marvellous couple of hours catching up with fellow caravaners, Kathy & John at a delightful cafe/quilting shop that was thankfully fully air conditioned, where surpruse, surprise I didn't buy anything, though I was sorely tempted!. On the Sunday I tried my luck at the local markets, but unfortunately did not sell much stuff this time. I think it was too ot for casual strolling and being tempted by all the marvellous crafts and items available for sale. Other regular market stall holders report it being a very slow day.

We had a lazy afternoon finishing off with a sunset walk along the wharf/jetty where we took some marvellous photos.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love that photo of the jetty at night! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle