Spicy Plum Lamb Shanks recipe

I made the most delicious lamb shanks in the DreamPot. The sauce is so yummy. Now I admit that the shanks could have done with  some longer cooking as they weren't quite as tender as hoped, so I have adapted the recipe sot it works better for you! I will certainly be cooking this again! it was so yummy!


SPICY PLUM LAMB SHANKS

2 lamb shanks (1 per person)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 cup port
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup spicy plum sauce
2 Tablespoon cornflour


  1. Heat 2T oil & fry shanks, turning, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Reheat remaining oil & add onion, rosemary and thyme. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add port & simmer for 1 min. Stir in stock, sauce and plum sauce. Return meat to frypan. Season with salt & pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Pour shanks and sauce into large pot (or slow cooker)
  2. Fill smaller pot with boiling water
  3. Place small pot on top of larger pot and place both pots inside the DreamPot chamber. Leave for 8 hours 
  4. Serve with sweet potato mash with cabbage & carrots on the side.


Lamb shanks transferred into large pot!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle. This sounds like a great recipe. I don't have a DreamPot but I think I might try this is the Slow Cooker where I usually cook lamb shanks. Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy. I adapted the recipe from a slow cooking recipe in the first place, so it should work. It is certainly very tasty! The brand of the Plum Sauce is SPC and it comes in a glass jar with a lime green lid - not a bottle & can be found in the sauce section. (PS It doesn't say Spicy any more!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle