Roast Vegetable Frittata

Frittatas are just a fancy name for a savoury omelette. I just love frittatas, especially when I have already cooked extra vegetables with a baked dinner a night or 2 beforehand. This one is so simple and tasty.


Frittatas are ideal for meals in the RV when  travelling. If the veggies are already cooked then preparation is so quick and simple. It cooks in 30 minutes, it is tasty, filling, yummy AND also it is a one 'pot' dinner so other than a knife and a cutting board there are no more dirty dishes to wash other than the frypan.  You truly can't get a dinner much better than a frittata.

Don't restrict yourself to my recipe. You can use any left over veges and bang in a few extras if you don't have left overs. It will still taste good. You may remember that I have a salmon and pea frittata that I wrote up a while back. Click here for that recipe.

So enough rambling on, here is my recipe as a guideline for you!

Roast Vegetable Frittata


2 tablespoon oil
2 onions finely chopped
8 rashes of short cut bacon chopped
1 cup of baked potatoes
2 cups of baked pumpkin
1 cup of baked sweet potatoes
2 baked carrots
½ capsicum finely chopped
1 small zucchini grated
6 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tablespoon of plain flour
Pinch of Italian Mixed herbs
A good shake of seasoned salt
pinch of pepper
1 cup of grated cheese

Fry bacon and onion in a little oil in large frypan.
Add chopped baked vegetables and spread over pan evenly.
Add capsicum and zucchini
Season with herbs & seasonings.
Whisk eggs, milk & flour together and then pour over vegetables.
Sprinkle top with a little grated cheese.
Place lid on and cook over med low heat until top is just set which takes approx 30 minutes.

The frittata all ready for the sprinkling of cheese before putting the lid on and cooking

If desired, you can flip the frittata to shorten the cooking time but I found I could only sometimes flip it successfully. Maybe I just need more practice. Dunno. I am lazy and much rather just cook it a tad bit longer. You could also heat set the top with a torch gun or heat gun.


Cut it into serving portions and plate it up.

It makes enough for 4 people without any salad fillers and will certainly go a lot further if you do add something on the side.

I would love to try more recipes. Drop me a link or put the recipe in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle