Beef & Butternut Ragout Recipe

I like to have a meal or two frozen ready in the freezer before we leave home for those days when we are too busy travelling, sightseeing or even just plain too lazy to cook, after all we are on holidays!


I need to recoup and recover from previous operations and I can't think of a better way than to hit the road for a short week or 3. So whilst I sort out a few things at home first, my mind is already on road trip. I have started with this scrumptious casserole that I made at home in my Dream Pot, one meal tonight and the rest ready for the caravan freezer!

So this time I thought I would try this wonderfully easy adaption of a tasty French stew.

Beef and Butternut Ragout


(5 generous serves)

Ingredients

500g trimmed beef cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 pinches of ground black pepper

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 (800g) tinned tomatoes
3 cups (500g) butternut pumpkin/squash

 

Preparation

  • Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add beef & toss well to coat.


  • Heat oil & add beef and shallots; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
  • Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
  • Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil & cook 5 minutes.
  • Add butternut; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes


  • Place in DreamPot for 6 hours. If you have the larger pot as I do, then you will need to fill the smaller pan with boiling water to maintain internal heat.


  • Serve with rice or potatoes and green vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle