Free camping in Forbes

Wheogo Park, right in the heart of Forbes is a free 48 hour campsite. It is just off the Newell Highway making it a very convenient place to spend the night on your travels through the area. It is on the southern bank of the Lachlan River as it runs through Forbes and is only about 500m from the centre of town via a walkway across the river.

Part of the view from Wheogo Park
The campsite is a large relatively flat semi grassed area with trees providing some shade if you like with a few rarer sunny spots for the solar seekers. It is large enough for big rigs. There are no amenities here other than rubbish bins but there are toilets in Lions Park which is right next door about 600m from our van. There is also good mobile phone and television reception here for both Optus and Telstra.

Camped at Wheogo Park

Take a walk around the lake, it is flat and there's a concrete path around most of it. There's a sports field opposite the river and there are many bridges so the walk can be tailored to suite. As I mentioned earlier, the shopping centre is just on the other side of the river so it too is within easy walking distance with IGA being conveniently the closest!

Another beautiful morning dawns at Wheogo Park
It was here that we met up with Dawn and Spencer again and later Lorraine and Steve. Rob & Spencer walked to the McFeeter's Motor Museum and enjoyed a couple of hours there whilst Dawn and I walked into town and did mostly window shopping whilst picking up some minor supplies & checking out the local op shop I bought 5 pairs of brand new still in the package, hot pink football socks for my sock doll making! Watch and see what I make with them.

Yindi on the left wearing a dress made from a hot pink football sock

Mc Feeter's Motor Museum is in a purpose built shed used for displaying a vast collection of meticulously restored motor cars. The cars range from vintage to custom cars and many in between, including some real odd bods! The boys really enjoyed themselves.

McFeeter's Motor Museum

McFeeter's Motor Museum

1 comment:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle