Free camping at Genoa

The Genoa Rest Area is on the banks of the Genoa River in Eastern Gippsland, Victoria. As a donation is requested for upkeep, it officially is not quite free camping but it is certainly a low cost alternative that is well worth stopping for upto the 72 hours that is allowed. I love to support the services that are offered at camps like these and happily give my donation.


It is a disused caravan park on the old highway with a large flat and grassy campsite with a few trees to watch or the passing traffic on the new highway which you can still see across the way.


There is a great playground for the kiddies at one end of the park surrounded by lots of well kept grassy areas. You can hear lots of bell birds but we didn't actually catch a glimpse of them whilst we were there.


It is pleasant to go for little walks to the old wooden truss bridge (that also leads to the pub) or down to the sandy river which is quite shallow at the moment but apparently can rise very quickly in the rains.

Mallacoota.

On our second day there we went for a drive to Mallacoota. There's a huge caravan camping park right on the sea front, which apparently is the largest caravan park in the Southern Hemsipshere.It would be a rather a grand place to camp and apparently it can be absolutely crowded with campers come high season. The prices are quite reasonable and grade according to off season, shoulder and peak with prices reflecting that.


When very full, it mean everyone would be packed in like sardines where the power points are and the majority of sites are not level so make sure to bring some blocks. It is in a grand location between river flats and the ocean and extremely popular for those with boats, so I guess that means for fishing too!

1 comment:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle